Thursday, March 28, 2019

Just :: essays research papers

At the beginning of this semester, we looked at liberty, privacy and exemption of speech. I engraft this section quite interest, especially since un identical archetypal semester it applied directly to my life. Freedom of speech was a particularly interesting topic to me, because I couldnt work out my opinion on it. When I thought roughly the issue in purely philosophical scathe, I thought that there should be unrestricted immunity of speech and that censorship should be kept to a minimum. scarce when I thought about the issue in relation to the real world, I wasnt so certain. This is matchless of the frustrating things about philosophy - what appears to be philosophically sound in my mind turns out quite differently when applied to the real world. I figure it is in finding a balance that the real difficultness lies. Throughout the course of the first essay, I found myself arguing views that I hadnt thought I believed in - and even now Im not sure if I do. I think sometime s what works philosophically withal cant apply to the real world for considerations that shouldnt have to have a perambulator on the issue but do anyway. In the issue of freedom of speech, I found that philosophically hate-speech doesnt cause any significant harm. But when I think about it in the context of the outside world, I firmly believe that it does. This discrepancy is confusing to me.The unit we studied on eyewitness evidence I found to be kind of modify - I couldnt really relate to a whole lot of level-headed stuff. When it was put in the context of the real-life rape victim I found it much more accessible. The essay topic that I chose seemed a compass rather dull, although it raised interesting side-issues, like the nature of our society. I tried to think why science was regarded as the best way we have to gain knowledge, and came up with a rather dispirit view of society - that it was subject area oriented, money oriented, concerned with facts and figures, things t hat were able to be thought of in terms of quantities. And that we tended to ignore the abstract, the indefinable, the unexplainable. This is why I find philosophy occasionally depressing - it forces me to look at the world in which I live, and not like what I see. And yet it is simultaneously liberating because I can see that finished studying philosophy, I can look at those other aspects and touch off beyond what society thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment